By no means a comprehensive list, these are Singer’s most famous works and those we know were photographed at the foundry. Click on a location to reveal information. Click on the U.K. to reveal Singer’s works in the U.K.
Soldier, courtier and Conservative politician (1850-1907). The statue of Chesham is photographed in the Singer's foundry prior to its departure. It is one of three statues cast at Singer's located in Aylesbury, the others being of Benjamin Disraeli and John Hampden.
Regarded as one of Britain's greatest poets (1809 - 1892) this statue of Tennyson - the head of which can be seen being finished on the right in this photograph - was undertaken by his friend the painter G.F. Watts.
Commissioned as a grand entrance to his home, Cliveden House by William Waldorf, 1st Viscount Astor. Cliveden is now owned by the National Trust and the gates are currently being restored.
One of many 'soldier' memorials cast at Singer's.
A youthful St George which stands in the grounds of Clifton College.
This bronze of an aged Victoria - the statue behind the dragon - was cast three times for Portsmouth (1903) and for Wellington, New Zealand (1905).
This bronze of an aged Victoria was cast three times for Bradford (1904) and for Wellington, New Zealand (1905).
The enormous statue of King Alfred of the West Saxons (AD 871-900) stands at 20ft and weighs 5 tons. Here it is photographed being worked on at Singer's alongside statues of Gladstone (Manchester) and Boudica (London).
Gordon on a camel, stands at Brompton Barracks, the home of the Royal School of Military Engineering. It became Grade II listed in 1998. This photo shows the finished statue at Singer's. Image courtesy of the Archive of Sculptors' Papers, Leeds Museum and Art Galleries.
An ornate stone cross with four bronze figures of St Aldhelm, Bishop Roger, Abbot Bradford and Sir Walter Raleigh. Pictured is St Aldhelm at the Singer's.
Photographed at Singer's one of Drury's life-size female figure lamp holders. There are eight in total, four depict 'Morning' and four 'Evening.'
Called 'The Spirit of the Crusaders' this is a First World War Memorial to those who lost their lives in the Burgh of Paisley.
Five frieze panels depicting a procession representing every rank and unit, and every weapon and piece of equipment used during the First World War. Photograph of one of the finished panels at Singer's.
This 9.5 ft high statue of the Scottish poet - photographed here at Singers - also includes four bronze plaques, each with a scene and a quote from his works.
Head of one of the largest shipping companies in Ireland, Dixon was Lord mayor of Belfast three times. Here his statue (centre) is photographed at Singer's alongside others awaiting departure.
J.W. Singer & Sons were contracted by the architect Alfred Brumwell Thomas to provide the electrical fittings for Belfast City Hall and two other of his grand civic buildings (Stockport Town Hall and Woolwich Town Hall). This photo from the Singer's catalogue shows one of their 'bronze electroliers' (chandeliers lit by electric light) for which John Webb Singer held a patent.
British statesman and author, who was twice Prime Minister for the Conservatives. His statue can be seen on the right, looking down the Singer's foundry.
Modelled on Singer's employee Charlie Robbins who fought with the Gloucester regiment during the First World War, this became Frome's War Memorial with a special ceremony of dedication on the 100th anniversary of the start of the First World War in August 2014.
Singer's were responsible for much of the church furnishings in St John's Church. This includes the decorative screen between the nave and the Lady Chapel and the ornate brass chancel gate photographed here at Singer's. All of which are still in situ.
Four times Liberal Prime Minister and one of the most prominent Political figures of the Victorian era. Statue of Gladstone (left) is photographed at Singer's alongside statues of Boudica (London) and King Alfred (Winchester).
Singer's were responsible for much of the decorative metalwork including bronzework in the art nouveau style in the main reading room.
Roberts was Commander In Chief of the British Army who won the Victoria Cross on his horse 'Volonel.' Photographed at Singer's his statue can be seen being worked on alongside a large statue of Queen Victoria bound for Canada.
This impressive dragon weighs approx. 4 tons and is the only known work cast at Singer's in Wales. Photographed being finished off at Singer's.
Singer's worked with many of the leading architects to provide the interior metal work and their their patent 'electroliers' (chandeliers lit by electric light) for many of the fine Edwardian the town and city halls being built throughout throughout the British Isles at this point. All of their work can still be seen in Cardiff City Hall including the electroliers, the one pictured is in the main Council Chamber.
Appropriate as a memorial to those killed in the First World War as the crest of the Northumberland Fusiliers depicts St George and the Dragon. The statue is photographed being finished off at Singer's.
Inscription reads "For the lasting memory of a great Yorkshire seaman this bronze has been cast."
This memorial also honours the other members of his British Antarctic Expedition team - Oates, Bowers, Evans and Wilson - who perished along with Scott in January 1912. Here one of the frieze panels is photographed after completion at the Singer's.
Immortalised in Robert Burn's song 'The Highland Lassie,' Mary Campbell was due to marry the Scottish poet but died of typhus.
Grade II listed statue of Cromwell, Lord Protector of England, Scotland and Wales (1653 -1658) holding a sword and a bible. Here the finished statue of Cromwell is photographed at the Singer's foundry prior to its departure.
One hundred and fifty of these adorn either side close to the former County Hall building.
This is an iconic public statue of the Queen of the British Celtic Iceni tribe who led an uprising against the occupying Roman forces in AD 60. It is also known as the Boudica Group. Here it is photographed being finished and assembled at Singer's in 1897, which is the same year that one of the newly cast horses took part in the procession for Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee celebrations in the town. It was 1902 before it was erected on the Embankment.
Commissioned for the new Catholic cathedral which was designed in the neo-Byzantine style by architect John Francis Bentley.
Singer's also provided the bronze electroliers and lead trophies cast from a design by Henry Poole. The photograph is taken from the Singer's catalogue advertising their work. This staircase was modelled on a similar one in the Paris Opera House.
Statesman who was Prime Minister four times (1868 - 1894) surrounded by groups representing; Courage, Brotherhood, Aspiration and Education. Here Gladstone's head is being worked on at Singer's.
Memorial to the founder of St Paul's School. His central figure is flanked by two scholars. Photo taken at Singer's showing the construction of the ornate canopy that surrounds the memorial.
Eight symbolic female figures were added after the bridge was opened in 1906. Science, Fine Arts, Local Government, Education (Drury) and Ceramics, Engineering, Architecture, Agriculture (Pomeroy).
Bishop of London and historian (1843-1901) heralded as future Archbishop of Canterbury is also buried in the crypt of St Pauls.
Commissioned for the newly built Central Criminal Court, 'Justice' stands at 3.65 metres high and weigh's approx. 22 tons. Photo shows Justice being cleaned in 1938. Image courtesy of Getty Images.
Pioneer of gas production and storage. This statue now stands in the grounds of the closed Livesey Museum and library on the Old Kent Road. The photograph shows the completed statue of Livesey (far right) awaiting departure at Singer's.
14ft high equestrian statue unveiled eleven years after the King's death. Photographed on completion at Singer's.
One of the best examples of a winged victory figure memorial. Photographed at Singer's.
(b.1804 - 1892) British biologist, anatomist and paleontologist. First Director of the Natural History Museum.
Commemorates the opening of what at the time was the longest underwater tunnel in the world. This is a detail from a photograph which shows Drury's plaque in a room at Singer's with statues of Boudica and Robert Burns.
Commissioned in 1912, cast at Singer's in 1914 but not transported to Canada until after the First World War. The statue of Victoria is photographed being finished off at Singer's circa 1914.
50 ft statue.
This bronze of an aged Victoria was cast three times for Portsmouth (1903) and Bradford (1904).This photograph shows the statue being worked on at Singer's along with the dragon for Cardiff City Hall.
He is depicted holding his cane and his bible and four panels depict key stages in his life.
In memory of Tasmanian Soldiers who died in the South African War 1899 -1902.
A dedication to the first British resident of Perak. The clock tower contains bells which used to strike the chimes of Big Ben.
The central figure of Curzon - pictured here at the Singer's foundry - was replaced after Independence by a statue of Sri Aubindo. Original groups - Peace, Famine Relief, Agriculture and Commerce - remain.
This memorial (now dismantled) included a marble statue of Edward VII on a pedestal with bronze groups of Britannia and Peace Protecting Young India, and two bronze figures of a British Private, and Khudedad Khan (pictured at Singer's) the first Indian VC in the First World War.
Marble statue with bronze lion and tiger and two groups unveiled in the grounds of Frere Hall. Now dismantled.
Also known as the Angel of Peace, this statue - photographed here being finished off at Singer's - was located on The Bund but was always controversial for not commemorating the Chinese dead of the war who joined the allied side in 1917. It was destroyed by the civic authorities during WW2.
Two lions were commissioned by the Hong Kong & Shanghai Bank. The original lions are in the Shanghai Museum and replicas have replace them.
Figure of St George and the Dragon which commemorates 148 men of the Eastern Cape. The statue can be seen on the far left of this photograph waiting to be finished off.
The eight lions that flank the approach to the memorial were all cast at Singer's over a two year period. Photograph shows four of the finished lions and other statues awaiting departure at Singer's.
Bronze figure of Peace surmounting pedestal with two lions and four reliefs of military panels.
Bronze equestrian statue on pedestal with three bronze reliefs. The statue of Rhodes photographed at Singer's.
This map works best when viewed on a large screen